Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekly Update #7

Status Update:
Pounds lost this week: none - I actually gained .4 pounds
BP this week: 122/79

Recap of the week:
My stress level at work this week went way up and I didn't handle it well at all. I was in SAP training every day from 8am to 5pm. I also had to try and keep on top of my regular workload so I was putting in another hour before training and 30 to 60 minutes after training and checking me email at home in the evening. Long days don't go well with me. We were also having lunch brought in every day so I was eating like crap. Our grill was stolen on Tuesday so we had an impromtu shopping trip and meal out that evening. Carly was especially obnoxious this week with her nightly disturbances so I was also sleeping like crap. Add it all up, and it made for a not-so-great week. So I must say I was surprised to see I'd only gained .4 pounds since I hadn't even considered working out at all the entire week.

This coming week might not be much better, but hopefully I'll be equipped to deal with it more successfully. I have training Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday starts another month-end cycle. I'll have long days all this week again but I'm trying to get back in the swing of working out and eating better. I tried to plan easy, no-brainer meals for dinner this week since my brain tends to get fried after 9 hours of SAP talk.

In other health-related topics, I made my annual doctor appointment a few weeks back. I asked for the first appoinment of the day and was shocked when they came back with 7:15. That's awesome! I'm back with the NP instead of the OB/GYN so perhaps this will be a more pleasant experience. That's not until August though. Both Adam and I also have dentist appoinments coming up in the next couple weeks. I haven't seen a dentist since before I graduated from high school (you do the math) so I'm kind of afraid to know what they might find. I'm also afraid they'll tell me they have to take my wisdom teeth out. Ugh. We'll see how it goes. My appoinment is April 13th.

No comments: