Thursday, July 30, 2009

Everybody Poops

It’s a morning ritual, as I’m sure it is in most households. You get up, take care of your “morning business”. Today was no exception. Even the cats joined in on the fun. Well, except for that whole “they pooped on the floor instead of in their litterboxes” thing.

I got out of bed and was overwhelmed by the poo smell in the hallway. I figured Ted had taken a nasty dump and perhaps I’d have to spray some febreeze. In the office (where there are temporarily two litterboxes while Carly continues to prefer spending her nights in the cat room rather than in our bed) I was met by the thing I least like to see in the morning. Or any time, really. A big, nasty, smelly pile of cat poo. On the floor. Near the litterbox, but obviously with no attempt made to get it IN the litterbox. *Head in hands*

What’s worse is that it was made up of two distinctively different poo types. Adam says he saw Ted and JC running out of the room when he was on the way into his bathroom. I’m can only guess that one cat did his business outside the box and the other felt the need to embellish. So, I was left with one gargantuan pile of crap to clean up. Good thing it was garbage day. I got everything scooped up and Nature’s Miracle-ized. I took the trash out to the garage. I came back in and it still smelled totally noxious. Then I looked inside the first box – hey, what do you know? They actually got some of it in the box. So I dragged the box to the back door, scooped out the nasty lump, and returned the box to the office. It still smelled gross so I peeked into the other box. Of course, there was more there. *grumble, grumble, stupid !8#&$^ cats* so I dragged that one and scooped again.

At this point I was completely fed up with poop and litterboxes. I sprayed some glade and called it good. Fortunately Adam’s the one who went to retrieve Carly only to discover that she’d also decided to poop en dehors du litterbox. I probably would have blown a gasket and thrown stuff if I had to clean up anymore shit that wasn’t mine. Grrrr. I asked Connor to let me know when he decided to poop some place random so I could mentally prepare myself.

It was a rough morning.

No comments: