Monday, January 26, 2009

Waiting at the DMV...

So Saturday morning Adam was at work and I did the weekly shopping by myself. I cannot express enough how much nicer it is to go places before about 9 am. There’s almost no one else out on Saturday morning. It’s wonderful, considering how much I dislike shopping in the first place.

Anyway, I got home and unloaded. Adam came home a short time later and we did the whole toilet thing. We picked Adam’s dad up on the way to Menards. We picked up lunch for them on the way back home. I vacated the house while they worked and picked up lunch for myself. Mmm, KFC. I brought it home and became and instant hit with Carly. She would not leave my food alone. I’d blink and she’d somehow end up on the table next to the chicken. That cat is crafty.

After the toilet was successfully replaced, the guys loaded the old stuff into the car and we got rid of it. (Semi-legally. *cough*) We dropped his dad back off and went to Office Max. I needed more nametags and holders for IMA. Those things are not cheap. Thank goodness I get reimbursed. We made a quick stop at Walgreens for detergent that was on sale and then we went back home. I baked some brownies. I made deconstructed lasagna for dinner. I updated the cooking blog as well.

Sunday morning I was up earlier than I wanted to be. My back was sore and Carly was being annoying. So I got up and got the paper. Adam made a banana-kiwi smoothie from the GI cookbook for breakfast. I tasted it but it was way too banana-y for me. Adam went downstairs to work on his models while I cleaned up in the pet room. We went to a noon movie – Paul Blart – and that’s about it. I did laundry. Wrote some checks. Made dinner. Watched The Visitor (good movie.) Went to bed.

Hopefully this morning didn’t set the tone for the week. We got up, put Carly in the cat room (like we usually do – she’s such a baby) and when Adam went to go get her back out he almost stepped in a pile of cat puke. Fabulous. Luckily I hadn’t gotten in the shower yet so I cleaned it up first. I went to the DMV at lunch to renew my driver’s license. I was in and out in about two minutes. Another stellar photo, of course:



*sigh*

Adam’s is up for renewal this year too.

This week puts an end to the boringness a little. I’ve got bells tonight and we’ve got tickets to Cinderella on Thursday. Friday is inventory day and then month-end starts again. We really didn’t pick our PAC events very well this season. This is the second one that fell on the day before inventory day.

No comments: