Monday, January 12, 2009

A Rude Awakening

I’m kind of tired today.

Why, you ask? At 4 this morning we were wrested from slumber by a cat’s retching. Carly had a regular old kitty barf party. And since she sleeps on my pillow we all know where it ended up. My idea of a good time is definitely not cleaning up cat puke at 4 in the morning. Unfortunately for me, Adam has a sympathic reflex that makes him unable to deal with all of the many messes that the express excavation of bodily waste can create. Reason number 2,014 why we shouldn’t have kids.

Anywho, after shuttling Carly off to the cat room (and kicking Ted and Conner, who were all cute and cuddly on the cat bed, out) and shooing both JC and Adam away from the bed I cleaned up the mess and stripped the sheets off the bed as quickly as possible. Adam did an impromptu linen closet reorganization while searching for the back-up set of sheets. He came to the conclusion that we need a back-up for the back-up. My pillow I chalked up as a complete loss and the only other lasting spot was a relatively small circle on the mattress pad, which we turned so it’s by our feet now. We remade the bed and were settled by around 5. The alarm went off at 6.

It doesn’t appear that Carly was in any way affected by this ordeal. She bee-lined for the food bowl when I put in her the cat room. In any case, her food was much more well-digested than Ted’s “I turbo-ate my food and it came right back up” barf. And it was nothing compared to Ted’s “I didn’t even attempt to get my big pile of runny poo in the litter box” that I had to deal with yesterday afternoon. Ah, the joys of pet ownership.

And that is much more than you wanted to know, I’m sure.

No comments: