Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yes, I ate at Red Lobster.

Last Monday night we were supposed to have leftovers. But since we were left with a lot less leftovers from the cookout than we anticipated we decided to go use the Red Lobster gift card we had. Now, I’m not a fan of seafood so you might wonder why in the world I’d agree to go there. Call it compromise. Anyway, I snuck out of work a little early, Adam fed the cats, and we headed up to Appleton. It was (not surprisingly) unbusy. We got sat at a table and ordered. My options were limited since a good 80% of the menu is fish and seafood. I ended up going with two appetizers as a meal: chicken tenders and mozz sticks. How boring. Adam got crab legs. He also got a ridiculously huge margarita (or, in Red Lobster terms, a “Lobsterita.”) I went with the more traditional sized drink. The service was pretty good although we waited for the cheesy biscuit things a while. Food came, I took breaks in my eating so I wouldn’t finish way sooner than Adam. It didn’t really work and I spent a while just looking at him cracking open legs and sucking out meat. Sexy. When his crab legs were reduced to a pile of shells we ordered their new chocolate chip lava cookie for dessert. Really not too impressive. It was good, but the cookie tasted a lot like the ones I mistakenly got from Bed, Bath, and Beyond a few Christmases ago. Kind of grainy. Adam took care of the ice cream. Then we both went home to take a nap.

Tuesday was the second IMA board meeting. Our president vowed that we’d adjourn no later than 8:30, but really no one was surprised when we adjourned at ten to nine. Better than last time though! This meeting ran a lot more smoothly and we’ve got a tentative schedule pretty well hammered out. My responsibilities in the summer are a lot lighter. I basically get to sit and listen to the planning and add my two cents worth where it affects me. And eat food for cheap. Yay. Next meeting is the beginning of July. We’ll see how things work out.

I had a nice, boring day yesterday, having vacation since we had intended to go camping. I did some shopping, Adam went golfing, I watched entirely too much Hannah Montana (really, not such a bad show.)

Today was another day - and another post.

No comments: