Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Ok, so obviously month-end is upon us again. Argh.

This past weekend was an interesting one. And one with not a single trip to Menards! Yay! On Friday night we headed to the drive-in for the first time this season. We were the third or fourth car there and we had some pizza for dinner while we waited for dark to come. The two movies playing were Horton Hears a Who and What Happens in Vegas. The first was much better than I expected it to be. Yes, it’s a Dr. Suess book and a film geared toward a younger audience, but between Jim Carrey, Steve Carrell, and Carol Burnett there were plenty of great laughs. And everyone breaking into a REO Speedwagon song was pretty funny too. The second was nothing extraordinary. It’s pretty much every other romantic comedy every made transplanted to Vegas. I’m not a big fan of either Ashton or Cameron but their respective sidekicks made it more worth watching. You can’t beat the deal at the drive-in: we paid in total for two movies, a medium pizza, a medium popcorn, a small soda, a big pickle, and two energy drinks what we’d pay for one movie and one combo of popcorn and soda at Marcus. Woo!

Saturday we did shopping, I cleaned the guinea pig cages, I watched another Oscar movie (Sweeney Todd – it was ok, I guess. Nothing spectacular though), and probably some other things, but I don’t remember. We stopped at Simon’s cheese again so Adam could get some curds. We also stopped at his parents’ house so he could swap cars and pick up the trailer since he was helping Dave move on Sunday. I also seem to recall his uncle stopping by to take a peony or something from our backyard. I don’t know much about that.

Sunday we had the choir brunch at noon. After that Adam headed up to Green Bay. I was going to try and see the Sex in the City movie since I know Adam wasn’t interested in it. Brunch was done around 1:45. The movie wasn’t until 3:05. So I tried to kill some time by going to Macy’s to check out the Martha Stewart line of merchandise. I’ve been meaning to do that for awhile but I never had the motivation to go to the mall. There’s a lot of interesting stuff out there. I particularly liked the cutting board shaped like a mouse. Completely unnecessary of course, but still cute. When I was done browsing (and being accosted by salespeople. The same one cornered me twice. Maybe this is why I don’t go to department stores…) I headed back to the car. It was barely 2:00. Ack. So, I went over to Woodman’s to see if they carried Vitalicious products or this Edy’s ice cream we’d seen at the drive-in on Friday night. They happened to have both. Score.

Unfortunately even with all my perusing through the aisles (which I could do for hours if it weren’t so crowded. I love grocery stores.) I only managed to burn another 10 minutes off the clock. At that point I just gave up and headed back home. I couldn’t justify sitting in the parking lot or inside the theater for 45 minutes. I’ll see it eventually. Just not the opening weekend (not like it needed my help anyway!) I stopped at Blockbuster on the way and swapped out Sweeney Todd for Margot at the Wedding (not great - Nicole Kidman bothered me in this one, although perhaps that was the point. Her character was supposed to be abrasive and unlikeable.) I also stopped at Copps to take advantage of their one day dairy sale. I spent the evening alone watching the movie and defending my toes from the cat. I fell asleep with the TV on.

Cooking wasn't very extensive for the weekend since I knew Adam would be gone. I planned no new meals for the weekend but I did make a Turkey Tortilla Casserole and a Bacon Quiche at some point last week. Tonight I made Turkey Parm Meatballs.

Monday was back to work for me. Day One is always a long one. I packed it up a little before 6pm. Adam got home before me. Dinner and some TV and the night was pretty much shot. Yesterday morning I was out the door around 6:15am. Adam went back up to help his cousin with the rest of his move. I stopped home after work for a little bit to feed the cats before heading out to the first IMA summer board meeting. It’s going to be an interesting year. I haven’t decided yet if it’s a good interesting or a bad interesting. The meeting went until 9pm when we abruptly adjourned after a few people said they were leaving whether we were done or not. Blame was thrown around for why it took so long to get the meeting going initially. *sigh* Hopefully things calm down and go smoother next time. Today is pretty much back to normal for my work days. I finished my inventory valuations this afternoon so I’m in pretty good shape. Nothing out of the ordinary that I can think of going on the rest of this week or this weekend. Maybe I can take a nap some time.

I must have some kind of allergies because I’ve been sneezing a ridiculous amount lately. My nose isn’t really stuffed up, my head and throat feel fine. I just sneeze All. The. Time. It’s totally annoying. I also haven’t been sleeping well. This is not altogether my fault. The cat (that would be JC) has taken to biting at my legs in the middle of the night. It’s kind of hard to sleep through that. And last night he was playing with a piece of carpet from by their litterboxes: throwing it on the floor, jumping after it, jumping back on the bed (and me), repeat. Obnoxious with a capital O. Add to that an inability to regulate my body’s temperature. I start out in a tank top under the covers, Adam turns the fan on. At some point I get hot so I throw the covers off. Then I get cold so I take them back. Then I get really cold so I change into a t-shirt. But then I get hot again. Grrrr. I also can’t seem to sleep on my left side when the fan is on – the breeze from it hits my face and annoys me. Apparently I have issues.

Ok, so that catches you all up with life for a little while.

No comments: