Saturday, June 28, 2008

Belated Recap

I notice I neglected to regale you all with the excitement we experienced last week Thursday. Adam started his vacation around noon while I worked a full day. He was at home doing something (yard work? Cleaning his car? I don’t know…) and he called me. Tells me the cat just peed on his phone. That he had left open because he was expecting a call. Yeah.

So after I got home we headed to the new Alltel store over on CB. The only other people there were a mother and her daughter who was apparently having problems accessing her voicemail. We stood around and waited while the one customer service guy there sat on the phone with Alltel for a good fifteen minutes. After which the rep on the other end of the phone determined he couldn’t help them and transferred him to someone else. Who solved the problem in two minutes. *sigh*

We explained our situation. While Adam renewed his contract back last year when he got a new phone and we combined bills, I chose to keep my old phone and didn’t renew mine. So we wanted to renew my contract so I could get a new phone but really have Adam get the new phone. It sounded convoluted but apparently it could be done. Adam went with a Blackberry. And after probably 5 or 10 minutes of the sales rep trying to get the phone turned on, Adam took a look at it and discovered the guy had been pressing the “mute” button rather than the “power” button. *sigh*

After figuring that out the guy was able to activate the phone, get the numbers switched, and give us the bill. Finally. We headed back home where Adam proceeded to play with all the neat features the new phone has. I’m content with my ancient phone so hopefully it sticks with me until one of our contracts is up again.

Anyway, back to last weekend. On Sunday, after a not-so-restful night (JC decided it was play time around 5:00 and hopped around on the bed for awhile with his toy) we got up with the alarm at 7. Well, I did. I went to the kitchen to take my pills and when I opened the cabinet I was pelted with salt as the container of kosher salt I keep in there fell on me. I knew then it was going to be a good day. We ate breakfast and read the paper. I started laundry and Adam mowed the lawn. We ran some errands (Menards, Walmart) and also stopped up at his parents’ house for a while. They recently had to replace their computer and Adam helped them with that. Also, he ran into the curb while mowing the lawn and needed to sharpen the blade. We went home, ate some lunch, and then headed up to Green Bay to visit with Dave in his new apartment. It rained off and on during the drive up. It was the weird weather that comes with summertime: It rains on one side of the street while the other side is sunny. We stayed up there until the end of the Brewer game and then headed back home. Adam dropped me off at home to start dinner while he went to Copps and finished up the grocery shopping for the week. We had pizza and attempted to watch Michael Clayton. We were interrupted by toilet issues and decided to call it a night about halfway through. We finished it on Thursday evening. Kind of boring, but not the worst movie I've ever seen. I also rented No Reservations last night and I was kind of disappointed. It was not that great. Kind of unimpressive given who was in it. Oh well...

Monday was a relatively normal day. I made stuffed manicotti. Tuesday night I was on my own because some out-of-town Cisco people were visiting so Adam had dinner plans with them. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday were pretty much normal as well. Today was the cookout with my UWO group. It was definitely different this time. First, we had a cookout at Eric’s house rather than meeting at a restaurant. Second, significant others were coming so it was a completely different dynamic. Adam wasn’t overly thrilled that I dragged him along but hopefully he had fun. Other plans for the weekend include a haircut for me and a haircut and nail trimming for Mo.

Finally, congrats to Catherine on "transitioning" into her third year in Med School yesterday. Hopefully Dad and Cheryl did a decent job representing for the rest of us who couldn't make it out there.

No comments: