Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Weekend Recap

So, we went grocery shopping on Friday night. Saturday morning we did the weekly Walmart run before Adam went over to his uncle’s house for a few hours to help with a new computer. I met him at the movie theater for Smart People. Decent movie. Then we ran up to Simon’s cheese so I could (finally) get another block of Parmesan. Our final stop was Fleet Farm for the ramps that were on sale. Now Adam has all the equipment he needs to do oil changes in the driveway. He dropped me back off at my car in the movie theater parking lot and he went to Hobby Lobby to get some paint for his model while I stopped to get gas (Aaah! $3.39/gal!) on the way home. I don’t remember what we did the rest of the day. I know that there was an "NCIS" marathon on USA that I watched way too much of. Sunday morning we read the paper, ate breakfast. I cleaned both guinea pig and two of the three hamster cages. Adam spent a good deal of the morning helping our next door neighbor with sump pump hose issues. I spent the afternoon watching Once and finishing up season four of "Dawson's Creek" while Adam watched the race he had recorded Saturday evening. (Which went long so he missed the end anyway!) I made the yummy mac and cheese Lorraine for dinner. That’s about it. Pretty uneventful as weekends go. And I think we even managed to leave his dad alone completely! If you don’t count Friday…

Anywho, this week is semi-eventful. I had my regular handbell rehearsal yesterday and IMA on Thursday. Nothing else is planned for the week, but we’ll see what happens.

And on a completely unrelated topic – 1Q profit sharing results for the plant came in last week and apparently we hit a record payout – over 5%. Woo. And the best part about the plant incentive is that it’s a cash reward, not an addition to your 401(k) as the company-wide plan is. Not that there’s anything wrong with 401(k) contributions or free money…but you know what I mean.

No comments: