Saturday, April 19, 2008

IMA

IMA Thursday night was pretty good. We had a few attendees not show up, but overall I think it was a lively, entertaining, and educational meeting. The round-table presenters were great. It’s always a gamble, bringing in professionals to speak about recruiting and employment. We’ve had occasions where the speaker launched into a narrow view of his or her company. We’ve also had occasions where the speakers were so boring that the students started to sneak out half way through. This time the speakers were great and everyone stayed for the whole thing (even though we started late and had some long-winded answers.) Yay! We got killed money-wise with having 7 presenters and charging students $5 instead of the usual $15. And one guy gave me his $5 in quarters. Seriously. Oh well. We’re a NFP so I guess we really shouldn’t be making money. Anyway, we’ve got a breakfast meeting in a couple weeks and then our final meeting of the chapter year in May. This year has sure flown. I’m staying on in all my current roles for next year so now I get to look forward to summer board meetings.

No comments: