Sunday, April 27, 2008

Paint Job

Adam had Tuesday afternoon off so he came down at lunch and we stopped at Menards to pick up some paint. He spent his afternoon moving the cats out of the room, taping, and painting. He was done with the first coat and had already started the second by the time I got home. I ran up to Menards to pick up another gallon of paint because he was afraid he’d run out. He made it on the two original gallons but now we’ll have some extra for touch-ups and perhaps the eventual repainting of my bathroom. It’s a nice, light purple color (you may notice we also took this opportunity to rearrange the room):



As I commented while browsing through the colors choices this weekend, we’re turning our house into an Easter egg. We’re stuck on pastels. Our bedroom is a minty green,



the living room is yellow,



and now the cat room/office is a soft purple. The rodent room is still the original darker blue bottom/dark green chair rail/cream top



but that will change eventually as well. The kitchen will probably remain white/cream when we decide to repaint it (and finally paint over those awful stencils!) I suppose there’s nothing wrong with light colors and it’s not like I picked these shades on my own. I kind of expected a certain amount of resistance to my purple suggestion but I really didn’t get any. I’m pleased with the result and Adam says the color is relaxing.

Next up on the home improvement front – staining the window frames. Adam and his dad put the new casing up this weekend. I did a bit of spring cleaning but I'm not done yet.

An update on the Oscar movie front: This weekend I knocked off The Savages and Charlie Wilson's War. Kind of an unintentional Philip Seymour Hoffman trend going there. Both movies were decent. I would probably say I enjoyed The Savages more but that might be because I like Laura Linney and Julia Roberts annoys me. Anyway, two more done. Woo!

No comments: