Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I Need a Cat

I know I’ve complained about this subject before but I just can’t seem to get past it. There has to be some kind of decent solution I’m just not thinking of.

So this is what I refer to as “the bad week.” It’s week 13 in the 13 week Seasonale cycle. I think we all know what I’m getting at here. Now it appears as though I have two choices: 1) Doing nothing and surviving through the indescribable cramps and headaches that make me dizzy and nauseous, or 2) taking OTC drugs that, while alleviating some of the problems in choice one temporarily, leave me with the same drowsy “head ten feet in the air” feeling that cold medicine does. Unfortunately normal pain relievers like Aleve are totally worthless in this battle.

I chose number two this morning and let’s just say it hasn’t been a very productive day. It’s hard to get anything done when my eyes won’t focus on the computer screen and I just want to put my head down on my desk and sleep. But if I hadn’t have taken the drugs this morning I would be stuck with what’s returning now.

So what can I do? I’ve considered skipping the sugar pills altogether and (hopefully) foregoing the misery completely. I know I read something somewhere that said that a period while on the pill is not necessary since it’s pretty much a “fake” one anyway. If that’s the case I’m all for leaving it behind. I will definitely be bringing this up at my doctor appointment in June. It’s gotten progressively worse (or I’ve gotten wussier about it) over the past couple years or so, so perhaps there’s more to it than just my body beating up on me. Who knows? It just totally sucks, feeling so crappy, stuck with no real reprieve. And no cat. Cats make wonderful heating pad-like companions when you plop them on your stomach and they purr…

1 comment:

walkingwing said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/20/health/20period.html
If nothing else, it's an interesting thought to bug your doctor about.