Friday, April 06, 2007

At the Risk of Jinxing it...

I've decided to post this blog entry anyway!

I was wandering aimlessly around the misses section of Kohl's looking for something to wear to Lori's wedding when Adam called me. I got some weird looks given the ring tone I have set for him [that would be George Michael's "I Want Your Sex." How's that for too much information? ;)] Anyway, he was calling to tell me that Jim called him to let him know that our offer was accepted. They also agreed to pay our closing costs and required escrows as well as a year of the home warranty program. Sweet deal.

But if you recall there's still the matter of the other offer out there. We had good timing in the real estate world. The seller's agent was going to try and have the paperwork to the other buyer by 7pm tonight. From that time of delivery they have 48 hours to release the contingency. Not business days. Hours. Tee hee. That means by 7pm on Sunday they have to have made a decision. We are a little bit evil, but it's a little fun too.

In any case, barring a rare occurance (although having a reasonable offer flat out rejected was supposedly rare too...) we should be the official future owners of the house. We'll know on Sunday, maybe Monday morning.

To stave off the jinxing gods I'm going to refrain from posting the address/listing details until we know for sure it's ours. Cross your fingers, pray, or do whatever else you do to send good luck in someone's direction!

No comments: