Monday, June 12, 2006

Wedding Update

There's not a lot of updating to do, but I figured I'd post what I have.

We have two meetings next week: one with the place we want to have the reception - The Meadows, and one with Father Mike - the one who will be marrying us.

The Meadows is "holding" our date for right now which is something they apparently don't do but Adam had some connections or something. Unless there's something completely surprising or uncool, that's probably where the reception will be. We were there last September for a Cisco event so we know how it's set up and what the food is like. It's basically just event-specific stuff I want to talk to them about.

The meeting with the priest is pretty much to get things rolling on the church side of things. I don't think we'll start the marriage prep stuff until early next year, but I'm sure there's more to talk about than just that.

I've been doing research on photographers, flowers, cakes, and all kinds of other wedding-y things. At some point I'm going to have to sit Adam down and make some decisions before anything can really come of any of that research.

Being the absolute food network junkie that I am, I had an epsiode of "Unwrapped" on the other day and they were having a "Wedding Weekend" or something so it was all about wedding related foods. A customized fortune cookie wedding favor caught Adam's attention so we're thinking we might try and do that. I had originally thought personalized Hershey bars, but maybe we can do both. :)

We bought invitations a few weeks ago. From Wal-mart. On clearance. They're totally cute though, white and silver with an embossed bride and groom in the corner. Adam's mom will be printing them for us at the church office.

We're still looking around at all the options for rings. It would make the most sense to buy the matching ring from the jeweler he bought my other ring from but we weren't the happiest with their service and the sale they were running has since ended. We have plenty of time to comparison shop, of course, but it's still out there on the to-do list.

I'll be looking into lodging in the area soon. The wedding itself is in downtown Appleton but The Meadows is in Neenah/Menasha so it will be everyone's choice where they'd want to stay. There are plenty of hotels (La Quinta, Holiday Inn, etc) right off the highway in Appleton and there's a DaysInn in Neenah. I guess I'll need to sound people out as to where they might want to stay and then see if I can get a special rate code to give out. I'll keep everyone posted on that.

Ugh, I get tired just thinking about all the stuff I have to do.

In any case, things are progressing slowly. If anyone has suggestions or anything, feel free to leave comments.

No comments: