Friday, June 23, 2006

Camping, Etc.

We’ve got our second camping trip arranged and reservations for a site made. We’ll be heading clear across the state to Merrick State Park July 14-16. This particular park is about 15 minutes from Winona, MN, so we’ll be meeting up with my friend Justin at some point during the weekend. It looks as though this park is relatively small and I’m not really sure what there is to do in that area. Our reserved site is very close to the bathrooms and showers so that should be nice. Adam is still undecided about whether we’ll be bringing a boat this time. I leave that completely up to him. I’m at his mercy to whether or not I get to hover in a boat by a dock, hanging on for dear life or not. :) Hee hee. It wasn’t that bad. Once we get the boat in the water and get out there it’s pretty fun. It’s the getting in and out that suck.

Our last two trips are as yet unplanned. We’re hoping Catherine and Tony can join us for one of them. That trip will probably be down to Mirror Lake (or another park in the area) again. Adam would like to go up near Chippewa Falls once but we’re not sure that long drive is worth it. We’ll see how things turn out. All we hope is that the weather is decent for at least one of the weekends. Otherwise we might lose our will to camp entirely.

This weekend will be pretty low key. Adam works tonight and we’re planning on perhaps going out a little after he gets home. Tomorrow we have to go over to The Meadows in the afternoon to sign the contract. Yeah, the lady completely forgot to have us sign the contract when we were there on Wednesday. I’m not sure if this is a bad sign or not… I think she was just in a hurry to get us out of there. It looked like her daughter was there and she probably wanted to get home. Anyway, so we have to do that and then Adam work a few hours in the evening. He also works most of the day Sunday. I’m not sure what I’m going to do during all that time alone. Maybe torture the critters a little, catch up on some reading. Depending on the weather I might do some cooking/baking. We’ll see how things shape up. There’s no real pressing matters to attend to so I could realistically watch tv all weekend. But I won’t. Hopefully.

No comments: