Saturday, June 03, 2006

RIP Pigster

It's not like we didn't see it coming. Last week I noticed he was being weird and over the past week he got progressively worse. His whole rear end was swelling up, he wasn't drinking or eating. It was really just a matter of when, not if. Adam woke me up around 8:30 this morning and told me he thought he might be on his last legs. So I got up and cuddled with him one last time - and he bit me. Not just a half-hearted bite either. He really clamped on. Sometime between then and 11:00, he went to hamster heaven. Adam cleaned out his cage, throwing away most of his things. It's so frustrating because since we didn't know what was wrong, we couldn't help him. He was so obviously in pain for the last few days. I felt horrible even touching him. I guess in a way I'm glad it's over now.

So, this left us with an empty aquarium. I know what you're all thinking - We went out and bought another hamster. But you're wrong. We bought a guinea pig. He is as yet unnamed.

No comments: