Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sears Grand (!)

On the way home from camping this past weekend we decided to stop at the new Sears Grand store in Oshkosh and see how it looked. Remember, this is the old Kmart store. It has definitely changed. It looks as though they gutted the entire interior and started over. They moved major parts of the store and created a much brighter, cleaner atmosphere. They even re-did the bathrooms so they’re not totally scary anymore. We browsed through their selection of merchandise and even checked out the appliance section. I must say they cleaned the store up pretty well. Then I saw a few of the people I worked with when I was there and it was the same old stuff all over again. Apparently a lot of people were bumped out with the transition. Who’s to say I would have survived it either? I’m just still glad to no longer be working there.

That said, I keep going back and forth as to whether I want to get a second job to make some extra money (weddings aren’t cheap) and occupy some of my free time. Every time I get to thinking it would be a good idea I think about how I’d lose all that down time and the freedom to do stuff on weekends. I really don’t know what I want to do. Maybe I’ll work during the holidays or something.

No comments: