Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Random Update Post

Been slacking off on the whole blogging thing lately. There are a couple of things to update everyone about.

Wedding-related (of course you can check out the website for info, but I figured I’d elaborate here):

*We had our meeting with the woman from the reception hall last night and we paid our deposit to hold the site. It’s pretty much perfect. It should be a good time. They were set up for a 240 person reception when we were there and since ours will be less than half that large, we should have plenty of room to spread out and mingle. We’ll be talking color selection and menu nitty-gritty sometime next year. It should be nice. The people there are very flexible and seem to want to make things work the way we want.

*We bought our rings this past weekend. Pictures are posted on the photobucket wedding site. They’re pretty basic, although perhaps not exactly traditional.

*The wedding party is all confirmed. My side includes Catherine W. (friend from college) as my maid of honor and Catherine D. (sister) as my bridesmaid. Adam’s side has Dave (his cousin) as his best man and Tony (his friend) as his groomsman. It’s small, but important. I hope to get pictures of everyone up on the website sometime soon.

*We meet with Father Mike this evening. We have no idea what to expect from this meeting. I’m hoping to avoid a third-degree type conversation and I’m also hoping to avoid an “I’m not converting no matter what you say” type conversation. Heh. I’m not too worried about it though. He seems like a nice guy.

*We plan to look at flowers in August since that’s the time of year of our wedding and I’d prefer to get things that are in season. We have an inside connection with a florist in the area since Adam’s aunt works there.

*Most of the other elements (dresses, music, lodging, gift registries) can wait until later. I’m trying to get the big stuff out of the way so I can forget about it for awhile. I don’t want to be one of the obsessed people who can think and talk about nothing but their wedding. (Don’t look at the blog recently as a supporting point for me doing that right now. I promise, I’ll shut up about it soon.)


Not Wedding-Related:

*I am so far behind on my book challenge right now it isn’t even funny. I don’t think I’ve read a page in about 2 weeks. Argh! Hopefully I’ll get back on track soon. The year is half over already. Gotta pick up the pace!

*I recently purchased my third Rachael Ray cookbook and have begun cooking my way through the pages. I’ve posted a couple new dishes on the cooking blog in the past few days. I’m trying to branch out a little so I’m going to try a few fish recipes (salmon and cod) in the near future.

*The office move across town was successful. I’m pretty much acclimated to my new surroundings. Well, that is, I was until they told me they were moving me to the Banner accounting team. I’ve spent the last week preparing to transfer my New London responsibilities to the plant accountant at CSF and this afternoon is a meeting about what I’ll be taking over for the Banner people. It looks as though it will be mostly inventory valuation and job costing. Not sure if I’ll like it yet, but we shall see.

*Country USA started yesterday and although it hasn’t been too bad yet, I have the feeling that by tomorrow I’ll be cursing country music fans. It’s ironic that we moved across town so we’ll avoid the EAA mess, but we moved early enough to get stuck with the Country USA traffic right down the street instead.

No comments: