Monday, January 09, 2006

Year 2005 Survey

I found this while wandering around the blogging world and I thought it would be fun to answer the questions myself as well...

What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Lots of things. I bought a brand new car, I dated one person for more than 3 months, I moved in with that person, I went out to New York to visit my mother, and probably a ton of other things I’m forgetting about right now.

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I really made any last year so they were pretty easy to keep! I haven’t really made any this year either although Adam keeps bugging me about them. They’re usually the same old thing – lose weight, become enlightened and at peace with the world, that kind of bullshit.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lisa had her son in March I believe. But 2004 was really the big “everyone I know is having a baby” year.

Did anyone close to you die?
Chewy, the hamster, did. But no HUMAN did.

What countries did you visit?
Does Canada count?

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Hmm. I don’t know. More money in my savings account? I spent a lot of money this past year.

What date from 2005 will remain etched upon you?
Well, April 13th was a good day.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Just one? Heh. I don’t consider anything I did this year to be an “achievement” really. I just kind of lived life.

What was your biggest failure?
I never fail. :) Just kidding. I know I keep letting Adam down on a certain issue so I guess that could be it.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just your usual colds and the bruises that come with being a clutz.

What was the best thing you bought?
My new car probably. Although I really like my new mixer too…

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Uhm. I don’t know. Who made these questions up?

Whose behavior made you appalled?
How about Mr. Scientology, Tom Cruise. What a dumbass. Thank goodness I never thought he was cute.

Where did most of your money go?
Rent, of course. And car payments, food, practical stuff…

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Lots of things. New car, new relationship, new house…

What song will always remind you of 2005?
Don’t Phunk With my Heart by the Black Eyed Peas. We heard that song about 10 million times on our way to and from New York.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder?
Definitely happier. Last year sucked.

b) Thinner or fatter?

Unfortunately fatter. A lot fatter. *sigh*

c) richer or poorer?
Richer. Yay to a full-time job with benefits!

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travel. I didn’t get out much and after our successful camping excursion I would have liked to do it again.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sitting on my butt watching TV.

How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas has already happened, but I spent it with Adam and his family.

How many one-night stands?
None.

What was your favorite TV program?
I didn’t get cable until October, so up until that point I watched a lot of NBC. The Apprentice (Trump version) was good. I’m also hooked on 7th Heaven on the WB.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. There are very few people in the world that I truly hate. No one fell to that status this past year.

What was the best book you read?

I didn’t really read too much this past year. Too busy sitting around watching TV I guess. I believe John Irving had a new book out and I read that, so probably that one. It was called Until I Find You.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Er… that Adam can’t sing? I don’t know.

What did you want and get?

Lots of things. I generally get what I want.

What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw a lot of them. More than usual probably. I really liked the movie Prime, with Meryl Streep. I liked it because the ending was not what you would have expected.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked a normal day and then went out for dinner with Adam to Applebee’s. I turned… uhm… 23.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
I don’t think I have one. I got a lot more color in my clothes though. Adam’s mostly to blame for that. He complained that all I wore was black and purple.

What kept you sane?
Are you sure I’m sane?

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Uh, I don’t really have a celebrity crush right now. No one really stood out for me this year.

What political issue stirred you the most?
I tend to avoid politics.

Who did you miss?

No one, really.

Who was the best new person you met?
I didn’t really meet a lot of new people outside the people at work. I’m boring…

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Back-up your hard drive. Tee hee.

Quote song lyrics that sum up your year:
I’ll have to think about this one…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Adam guy sounds like a great find. He must really feel lucky to be going out with you.