Friday, January 27, 2006

Time Flies

It’s amazing how fast this week has gone by. Work has been busy rolling the year. We finally got all the files moved this afternoon and I can see the surface of my desk for the first time since we closed the month about two weeks ago. Ok, well, I can see parts of the surface of my desk… the folders from running 30 hostess jobs in a row kind of takes up a lot of room. Other than work, I haven’t really been doing much. I think Proust is slowing me down in the book challenge. I am about 1/3 of the way through the book and I am having lots of trouble getting into it. I don’t know if it’s a “French book from the early 1900’s” or a “too deep for Martha” thing. I might have to throw the towel in on that one. Or at least intersperse reading something else at the same time to keep my mind alert. The book isn’t as good as my International Finance text was at putting me to sleep, but pretty close.

It’s hard to believe that January is almost over. In fact, it’s hard to believe it’s even January. The weather has been freakishly warm – I’m talking 40s and 50s. The snow is all gone and it looks like it’s April. I’m not complaining. I’m just wondering when the calm will end and the sub-zero blizzards will start again. I’m hoping never, but that’s not likely. This is Wisconsin after all.

I finally got my W-2 from Kmart yesterday. It was the last piece of the puzzle for my taxes. I haven’t decided how I’m going to file them yet. My estimated refund (according to TurboTax) is $74. Hardly even worth filing if you ask me… State refund is estimated at around $170. Once again, almost not worth my time, but I suppose I should file anyway. With the state, it’s free if you do it online. I guess I’ll work on that this weekend. Adam has already filed his. He gets a lot more back since he doesn’t claim himself on whatever form that is you give your employer that determines withholding amounts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

W-4. I find it's nearly as hard to figure out the proper witholdings for that one as it is to figure out the proper details in filing the actual return. :)