Thursday, March 03, 2005

Interpreting Male Actions

Ok, so I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what guys think about at any point of their lives. I don't know why they do or don't do certain things. I have absolutely no expertise in that area at all and have no right to try and explain these things. That's why I'm putting this out here for those of you that might have the inside scoop (ie: you guys out there.)

We went bowling last night. He calls me up around 6 and says, "Wanna go bowling?" I ask who else will be there and his first response is "As long as I'M there, does it matter who else comes?" Then he responded that a few of his friends would be there as well as his cousin. Ok. This would be a good chance to meet a few of "his people" and see how he reacts to me when in the company of other people. People he knows. We were originally going to stop by his grandma's house (where his cousin lives) for a bit before heading over to the bowling alley, but when he came to pick me up I distracted him a little...ahem...so we were running a little late...We still stopped by to pick his cousin up, but I didn't meet his grandma. She sounded nice though. :)

Aside from the constant references to the fun they had while they were wasted and the boring conversations about every sport imaginable and how they were going to kick each other's asses at them all, his friends seem pretty nice. They all seem to work at Wal-mart too. They all seem to be younger than he is too, which is kind of...I don't know. We had fun and I almost won the first game. I beat everyone but his cousin...and he pulled that one out of his ass in the last frame with a strike.

I don't know how to interpret his actions throughout the evening. I don't know if I should. He introduced me as "some girl from Oshkosh." His cousin seemed to know I existed previously. When I would go bowl, he (not his cousin) would take my chair and then have me sit on his lap. At one point, he flipped me over and just started making out with me, picking me up off the ground. He snuck up behind me and slapped my butt (really hard, I might add. That hurts!) when I was about the throw the ball. Randomly throughout the evening he'd pinch my butt...or grab my boob...or pick me up and kiss me...I don't know what that was all about. We left before anyone else did and on the way home he stated he didn't really like the fact that these random people (his cousin's wal-mart co-workers) showed up and joined our game. I thought he knew everyone there, but apparently there were 4 people there he didn't know.

I don't know how to react to this stuff. I don't know if he's just doing this to show people that he can get some or whether he does it because he likes me and it's fun...I suppose I'll have to ask him eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My guess is he likes you, but he's not really sure how to act with you around his friends (ie - not sure how to "integrate" you into his crew of younger, perhaps more immature friends).

Spend more time around him and his friends together and you'll either get tired of it, or he'll figure it all out and be more comfortable with it.

Or maybe not. Who knows. :)