Friday, March 18, 2005

It's the alcohol talking...

Ok, that title line is a slight exaggeration. I mean, I've only had 2 beers tonight. Granted I've put myself on a 1,200 calorie diet because I'm FREAKIN' FAT so perhaps the alcohol will affect me more than usual. One can only hope. Did you know that there are 96 calories in a bottle of Miller Lite? Ugh!

Yes. I'm fat. But feeling wonderful about my fatness because Adam tells me I'm not fat. Yeah, whatever.

Anyway, nothing much is happening here lately except for snow and more snow, melting snow, slushy snow, big puddles in the parking lot because of snow. Ugh. When is spring going to arrive? Any day now would be quite alright with me.

Adam invited me to have Easter dinner with his family next weekend. Ok, he actually said that his mother suggested that he invite me but that he was ok with the idea as well. Now what does that mean? Argh! This guy talks more about the future (and not just the relatively near future) than any other guy I've ever known. He talks about how we should go camping up in Door County this summer. About how we should take vacation time from work at the same time so we can fly somewhere using his frequent flier miles. About how when my birthday (finally!!) falls on a weekend in like 2007, we should go out somewhere so I can get free endless beer. I mean really. 2007?!? It's barely 2005. *Sigh* I don't know what to do with him. Ok, yeah, I have some ideas but that's not really something I want to get into here...mind wandering...aaaaaaaahhhhh!.

Back to the subject at hand. I know, the easiest thing to do would just to broach the subject myself since apparently he has no intentions of bringing it up. It would be so much easier if I could read his mind. This is much more likely to turn out the way I'd like it to than the whole John thing was. I mean, this guy calls me. A lot. This guy takes me out places. In public. A lot. This guy doesn't have three kids. This guy isn't a psychotic loser. He has lots of things going for him. Sometimes I wish he weren't so adorable though. Ugh. I look at his eyes and I just melt. This is not good. Or is it? I don't know.

Anyway, Kmart scheduled me 6 hour days this weekend. Great. After scheduling me 10 hours in the last 3 weeks combined they suddenly decide to pile it on this weekend. It sucks. I don't want to work that much. And next weekend they have me there for 11. Ridiculous. At least they're not absolutely horrible hours. They're bearable and still leave me with time to have some fun. Poor Adam. I sure do like my fun. Hey, does that count as exercise? We were having this conversation (while we were both at work...oops...) this afternoon. I said it probably depended on how it was done. I suggested that he bench-press me...work his muscles...or perhaps prop me against the wall. He just told me to shut-up (nicely, of course) because he didn't want to be in an "uncomfortable position" for the remainder of his day. Who knew I could have such an effect on someone? >:)

But I'm sure that was a whole lot more than any of you wanted to know. :)

No comments: