Friday, March 27, 2009

Yawn

Sorry I suck about keeping up to date with this. It's been a long week.

Saturday we did shopping. I took a nap. We watched Cadillac Records. I was bored for most of the movie. Jazz/Blues is not my thing. It all sounds the same to me. But I watched it. That’s what counts. Not a lot else happened.

Sunday Adam went to work bright and early and despite my plan to sleep in, I found myself up and making breakfast about ten minutes after he left. Stupid cats. I read the paper, cleaned up in the kitchen and pet room. Laundry. Some work. Shower. TV. Adam got home after noon and we spent the afternoon in the living room. He watched racing, I took a nap on the loveseat. Lazy days, I tell you. I made brownies. He made a spectacular dinner.

We got the rebalancing of our escrow account for this year. As I expected, we overpaid last year since our taxes and insurance bills went down. They sent a check for the difference and I cashed it and to pad the checking account rather than send it back to apply to next year. This also means the escrow payments for this coming year will be lower than last years’. But I plan to stick with the payment we’re doing now and throw the difference toward the principal. Our auto insurance renews in April as well and mine went up but Adam’s went down. I don’t understand that, but in total we went down something like $2. *sigh* I also got a notice that starting with my next paycheck the “Making Work Pay” credit will be in effect so we’ll see how much that impacts my net take-home.

Oh, and JP Morgan FINALLY relented and changed my address. They’d been sending things to my PO Box despite repeated efforts to get them to change their system. I closed my PO Box in October of 2007. There’s speedy service for you. *sigh* again.

Anyway, this week was boring, yet exhausting. Absolutely nothing going on. But tomorrow we’ll be heading down to Sheboygan for a wine and beer tasting at Blue Harbor. Should be interesting. I’ve never been there. After that we’re getting together with some people from the area together for a bit. Some people I haven’t seen since high school. It's hard to gather people up anymore. Everyone seems to be so busy these days.

We’re in the process of planning a trip eastward in mid-August. Planned stops include Cranberry (to visit grandparents), Hershey (mmm, chocolate), Jamestown (to visit mom), Buffalo (to meet with one of Adam’s former co-workers), Niagara Falls (hey, why not?), Marineland (otherwise known as the park whose logo is two whales humping), and Kalamazoo (well, really just because it’s halfway home from Canada.) So far things are working out well. It’s a lot easier to plan things when the majority of the stops are not dependent on other peoples’ availability.

With that, I say it's time to go to sleep. If I can convince the stupid cat to come down from on top of the fridge. *sigh*

No comments: