Friday, March 20, 2009

Another Week Flies By

Last Friday I got home and just didn’t want to deal with dinner. The menu had shrimp stuffed mushrooms on it which means not only would I make those, but then I’d have to figure out what I wanted to eat myself. My brain was too tired for that. So I suggested we go out. We had coupons for The Greenville Station so we invited his parents out with us. It’s a cute place – used to be an old train station (among other things.) They all had fish and I had chicken. It was ok, but I’m not sure we’d go back.

Saturday morning we went shopping and stocked up on kitty litter at Copps. I’m sure other shoppers thought we were nuts when Adam pulled into line with an entire shopping cart full of it. But we have four cats. They poop. A lot. And when it’s on sale, we stock up. Same goes for dry food. I made the mushrooms that were supposed to be Friday’s dinner for Saturday’s lunch. We watched Changeling. (Eh. Long movie. Too much of Angeline Jolie looking devastated and crying.) Adam put up the new blinds in the cat room and stained the trim.



Sunday morning I went to church since the bells were ringing. Adam went to work. I came home and worked a few hours myself. Did some cleaning. When Adam got home he finished the work in the cat room. We caught up on Jimmy Fallon. Watched golf. Adam made brats on the grill for dinner. And McCain smiles. We like them.

Monday was a busy day at work for me. Then I had bell practice. In another bad turn, our member with cancer, while still in a nursing home, had to be in the hospital for a little while. Nothing seems to be working anymore but she refused being put in a hospice unit since it meant she could no longer receive anything but palliative care. She will be starting her fourth or fifth round of chemo even though no one really expects it to do any good. Those members who have visited her recently report that her coordination has really deteriorated and the spark has left her eyes. It’s discouraging. We’ve already begun discussions about whether we’d want to ring, should the need arise. Just a bummer all around. Kind of interesting how Catherine (the sister) recently posted about being the bearer of this kind of news to patients...

Alrighty. Tuesday was St. Patrick’s day and also the night of my monthly IMA meeting. It was our annual energy meeting at the Fin ‘n’ Feather. The weather was gorgeous and we joked that we should have booked a boat tour. The speakers were ok, although there was a lot of duplication. The bar downstairs must have been hopping because it got very smoky upstairs by where we were. The board of directors for next year was approved by the chapter so now in addition to my Director of Attendance, Meetings, and Nametags hats I’ll be wearing the VP Membership hat as well. I plan to go to the regional leadership training in April so we’ll see if I get any new ideas from that.

That night Adam was complaining about itchy eyes. I suggested perhaps he had pinkeye (it had been going around my office a while back.) I was kind of joking, but when I got up to take Carly to the bathroom around 1AM (don’t even get me started on that) he was in the office on the computer, self-diagnosing. I took a look at his eyes Wednesday morning and it looked like that was it. He stopped by the eye doctor during lunch, they confirmed, and gave him a prescription for eye drops. He's much improved, but let’s hope I don’t get it!

Wednesday night entailed a lot of catch-up as most weeks with IMA meetings do. Cleaning, DVR. Adam had Thursday and today off. For the weekend, we’ve got Cadillac Records waiting to be watched. Shopping. Cleaning. We'll see what happens.

And now, some kitty pictures. You know you love them.

Carly's new favorite spot



That's right. ON TOP of the refrigerator. Usually inside Adam's lunchbox.



Sigh

Then I caught JC standing in the huge teacup. Heh.



And I don't think I even want to know what was going on with this poor reindeer toy.

No comments: