Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Weekend Update (but a lot less funny than the SNL version)

We went out on Friday evening, arriving at the bar about 5 minutes after it opened. We were the only ones there for a good hour. This time the bartender was actually the owner. He was a little rusty and kept misjudging the amounts on blended drinks. It was kind of funny. For us, that is. We talked a bit about cruises and vacations since he had just returned from an awful time in the Dominican Republic. We tried to convince him that cruising was the way to go, but it seems like he’s more of a beach bum. We stopped for food on the way home and then went to bed.

It was another long night of kitty fighting. I slept horribly and Adam didn’t seem to notice the almost continuous ruckus. When the alarm went off we both remained in bed for another hour or so. When we got up we showered and headed out to do our shopping. As we got a later start, we were met by larger crowds. We got back home around 11 and I ate a bowl of cereal before we clipped Carly’s nails. I held her while Adam did the dirty work. On the second to last nail she spazzed and he ended up chopping way too much. Oh, the blood. We tried the dipping her foot in flour thing but she still left a gazillion bloody footprints all over the place in the cat room. We left her in there for a while since most surfaces there are easily cleaned (or not that important.) I laid down to take a nap while Adam caught up on his DVR programs. When I got back up we went up to Golf Galaxy so Adam could pick out his (early) birthday present – a new putter. We went back home, had dinner. That’s about it.

Sunday morning Adam headed off to work and I headed out to do some clothes shopping before the snow began. I was relatively successful. I returned home, started laundry, and watched Il y a longtemps que je t’aime. Why is it that French (or, really, most foreign) movies are so much better than local ones? They don’t put out as many, but they’re always of such better quality. Anyway, I also failed to mention that we watched Iron Man some time last week. Kind of Transformers meets Spiderman, but not really my thing. So I’m 14 movies through my list of 33. Yay.

After I finished the movie I had time to clean up in the kitchen before Adam got home. We went up to Menards to get some paint for the cat room during their paint sale. It’s the last room we have left to paint. Adam is making use of his day off today to get that done. I spent the rest of the afternoon checking on my hard drive backup process, baking brownies, and zoning out to NASCAR. Adam made pizza for dinner, we watched FOX, and went to bed.

It was an early one Monday morning, what with 6+ inches of snow being dumped on us Sunday night. Adam got up at 5 to go clear the driveway. The roads weren’t too bad, but it was very foggy. Like, can’t see the car in front of you foggy. That sucked. But it sucked even harder when I went home for lunch. The snow had turned into slush and once again the city of Oshkosh made absolutely no attempt to clear it off the streets. Thank goodness I don't have a low-lying car.

Yesterday was a pretty non-descript day. Nothing too exciting except for my 30-Minute Meal Experiment. And today both Adam and I have vacation. It's his birthday. We've got dinner plans, but not too sure what else will be going on.

In an attempt to get some decent pictures of Carly I pretty much stalked her with the camera all weekend. Sad to say I didn’t get much for all the time invested. I got a lot of BAD pictures:



The cat refuses to look at me when I try and take her picture. Or if she does, she GLARES.



Feel the chill...

In other cat news, Connor has taken to sleeping behind one of the litter boxes, directly in front of the heating vent. Once again, quite crafty on his part. But now on our multi-mid-night trips to the cat room not only do I have to make sure JC doesn't run in after me, I also have to check to make sure Connor isn't sleeping behind the box. Made the mistake of not checking once and shut Carly and Connor in the room together. Not a good thing...


And while we're at it, a few more cute kitty pictures. Just because.

Big Eyes


Sleepy Tail


Feel the love

No comments: