Sunday, August 17, 2008

One Year Ago...



Another milestone completed. I don’t really have a lot to say about it, but in some ways it’s like the year flew by, in others it seems like it’s been way more than a year. Things are pretty much the same as they were last year with the exception of the addition of three cats and loss of two hamsters. Some furniture moved, some trashed, some new stuff brought in. But the past year wasn’t tumultuous. We didn’t fight more than the year before. We spent pretty much every night together except for the few days that Adam was in California for work. I say “pretty much” because there were some nights that I (voluntarily) kicked myself out of bed and slept in the guest room when I had that hacking cough and cold that seemed like it would never end because Adam complained that I kept him up with my coughing and snoring.

I don’t know that being married has been harder than being engaged or just dating. Living with another person requires compromise and flexibility. There have definitely been times when I get annoyed, but that’s to be expected. I’ve come to terms with the ridiculous amount of wrestling that Adam watches on a weekly basis. He seems to have come to terms with my “Project Runway”, “Tori and Dean” “Denise Richards” and “Kathy Griffin” DVR-ing and has even started to watch some of them with me.

Anyway, this whole post is kind of pointless and doesn’t say much. Happy one year, Adam. Now let’s go TP our own house to celebrate our paper anniversary with flair.

No comments: