Saturday, August 02, 2008

Me = Slacker Blogger

So, wow. Not really keeping up on this blogging thing again.

Firstly, some sad news to report. Our duck saga is over. Sometime last Friday night something came and ransacked the nest. Who knows if mama duck was there at the time, but on Saturday morning all but four of the eggs had been smashed. The other four were gone Sunday morning. I know that’s how nature works and all, but it was exciting to potentially have a family of ducks in the backyard. And just like that they’re gone. We’re not sure who is responsible for this murderous rampage. There was a hawk hanging around the deck on Saturday and then a random stray cat wandering around the yard on Sunday. I don’t think we’ll ever know. But no baby ducks for us this year. Boo.

In other news, not much is happening again. We went up to Green Bay last Sunday to visit with Adam’s grandma. She just put her house on the market and will be moving in September. Adam painted the bottoms of the front railing while I conversed with her inside. She seems really excited to be moving to her new place. I guess that’s a good thing. Changes…

Speaking of changes, last Saturday Adam was at work (it was his year-end) and when he came out to come home apparently his tire was flat. In checking his tread he discovered he needed new tires. So we headed to the tire store. Got them swapped out that afternoon. Good deal. But July was definitely an expensive car month for Adam’s car. 60,000 mile check-up and new tires. Yeesh! My tires will need to be replaced sometime before winter as well, but I think I need a few weeks to recover from his before I start seriously looking for mine.

We finally got around to watching the latest Oscar movie to arrive – The Assassination of Jesse James. We’d been putting it off because it’s OVER TWO AND A HALF HOURS LONG. What is with these ridiculously long movies? I swear, over half of the movies on the Oscar list this year were over two hours long. Is this a new trend? Because I don’t like it. But we bit the bullet (no pun intended) last night. The movie is so slow. So boring. If they’d cut out the stupid “suspenseful” scenes of people sitting around looking at each other they could get the movie done in like an hour. Grr. In any case, not a fan of this genre, didn’t really care about the story, and I just wanted it to be over. And the music? So annoying after about 10 minutes. So, yeah, thumbs down from me. But I made it all the way through it! I’m down to four. Doing well.

It’s been quiet around here lately. August will be a little more exciting than July perhaps with a few vacation days planned and our informal get-together next weekend. We'll see. Maybe then I'll have more to blog about than just the hot weather or crazy cats.

No comments: