Thursday, February 21, 2008

Another Vote Experienced

I performed my civic duty on Tuesday morning, stopping at the polls at 7am to cast my vote in the increasingly important Wisconsin primary. Once again, both Adam and I had to register in our new ward. It seems that every time I vote, I’m re-registering because I’ve moved. This time I would have had to register again regardless since I’ve had a name change. I still managed to make it to work (almost) on time. I would have been early if the election volunteer filling out the voter registration change forms wasn’t deaf as a doornail. Now everyone in Ward 15 knows how to spell “Dodds”. Yes, they’re all Ds. *sigh* Anywho, it was a pretty short ballot – just the two party presidential primaries and a school board position (that I didn’t vote on since I knew nothing about any of the people on the ballot. Yay for informed voting!) I forgot to pick up my “I voted” sticker though. :(

On the weather front, it’s not pretty. Monday night I arrived home to find that the plows had completely blocked our driveway. I pulled to the side of the road, called Adam to inform him that I couldn’t get into the house, and asked him what I should do. He told me he was leaving work and would come home to dig us out. So I drove to Copps and sat in the parking lot for 45 minutes while Adam navigated his way home on the messy highway and blew the snow out of the way. I’m glad I didn’t try to just pummel my way into the driveway. Adam tells me he tried that and got stuck. That would have sucked. In any case, a good 4 or 5 more inches Monday, more overnight, and now we’re stuck with sub-zero temperatures again (15 below this morning! without the windchill!) Handbells was cancelled again this week and luckily things stayed relatively calm for IMA on Tuesday. The weekend looks to be a bit nicer. It might even get up to 30 degrees on Sunday! Woo! That's almost swimsuit weather! You know it's bad when 15 degrees ABOVE zero sounds pretty good.

If we get much more snow I don’t know where we’re going to put it. The snowblower can only shoot it so high and it’s also not safe to not be able to see over the piles while backing out of the driveway. I know Adam hacked some of it down over the weekend, but it seems like it just piled right back up. How many more days until spring?

No comments: