Sunday, January 03, 2010

Work it Out

In my previous post I mentioned I rock out to Miley and Britney while on the treadmill. I've been meaning to do this for awhile, so I suppose now is as good time as any.

When I first started using the treadmill semi-regularly again I took my iPod downstairs with me and just let it play. Then, when I was really starting to get tired during my first session the t.A.T.u. version of The Smith's "How Soon is Now" came on. (Don't ask why I even have this song on my iPod. And don't worry - I have the original as well.) For some reason this perked me up and I actively started looking for songs with good beats or that I liked to sing along to. It made time go much faster and made the whole thing more fun. Kind of like I was dancing to the song rather than exercising on a treadmill...

Anywho, after a few weeks of skipping 95% of the songs on the iPod because they sucked or were too slow, I created a "Work-out" playlist. Here's what's on it:

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round - Most awesome 80s song ever. I don't think a single actual instrument was used in the creation of this track. And the video? Also awesome(-ly bad.)

Miley Cyrus - See You Again - great beat, good chorus to wave your arms around to...And yes, I realize I'm 27.

Cher - Believe - the Xenomania Mix - has a much better background beat than the original. Let's hear it for Auto Tone!

The Veronicas - Take me on the Floor - da da da da da da da da!

Britney Spears - Radar - stupid lyrics, but if you ignore them the beat is good.

The Pussycat Dolls - Jai Ho - yeah, I'm still annoyed this won the Oscar, but it has a good beat. Also annoying? Nicole's constant mispronounciation of the title of the song. Argh.

Celine Dion - I Drove All Night - Once again, strong bass, very sing-along-able.

Muse - Uprising - awesome song even if some of the lyrics are unintelligble - singer seems to channel his inner Bob Dylan at times. Also these guys were one of the best SNL performances in recent memory.

Hannah Montana (aka Miley Cyrus) - He Could be the One - Yeah, I know, 27. But seriously, the songs from this show are pretty good.

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough - Another awesome 80s song that makes me wish I were born in 1968. Oh well...

Britney Spears - Womanizer - Nothing much to say about this other than I'm glad she survived whatever went on and could make more upbeat songs.

The Smiths - How Soon is Now - the original.

Owl City - Fireflies - so neat - you should watch the video even if you don't like the song.

Kristin Chenoweth & Matthew Morrison - Alone - from "Glee." I always play this song last as I'm cooling down.

Do you have any favorite work-out songs I should add to my list?

No comments: