Saturday, September 12, 2009

Photographic Memory #8 - Jefferson's House

During the summer of 1996 my mother, sister, and I took a trip east to visit a variety of landmarks and tourist destinations and attend a family reunion. Perhaps unsurprisingly I have very few pictures of people - mostly buildings and animals.

One of the stops was Monticello. Being the strange child that I was, I had this obsession with US Presidents. Philandering with servants aside, I had always liked Jefferson. It didn't hurt that, like George Washington, his wife's name was Martha. So I was ok with this particular stop on the itinerary. It's a lovely place. I ended up taking a picture of the house that was eerily similar to a post card I picked up:





Not bad for pre-digital photography by a complete amateur. Perhaps I missed my calling...

No comments: