Monday, October 20, 2008

Moving On

This past weekend was draining, in all ways possible. Last night was tough. Adam took the dog back up to Appleton. Her sister, Sugar, was there and from what he tells me they were delighted in their reunion. This, in some ways, makes our decision seem like the right one. She needed to be around another dog, not cats who loathed her. He also stopped and returned as much of the dog stuff as he could. We got back about half of what we shelled out. We gave most of the toys to Katie and Chris. We gave the puppy food to the next door neighbor. We declined to take back the adoption fees from Savings Paws because we felt so terrible about the whole thing. Adam told them he hoped that someone could take both puppies together and to use our check to give the adopters a deal. All in all, four days I’d rather erase from my memory.

So I find it somewhat fortuitous that I ran across this website this morning. Seeing as how our cat has a propensity for hanging out in the sink




this site made me smile. And a smile was definitely needed.

I was summoned for jury duty this week. I wasn’t on the list for this morning but I have to call back tonight to see if I need to report tomorrow. As fate would have it, PWC auditors will be in town tomorrow and Wednesday. Wouldn’t it just suck if I ended up being gone both days performing my civic duty? Totally.

Tonight I’ll be heading down to Sheboygan to go to dinner with my dad and Cheryl for his birthday. Adam still works until 6 these days so he won’t be able to make it. Although if rumors are correct, he’ll soon be moving to east coast accounts and will switch back to a nicer 8-4:30ish schedule. This coming weekend there’s a dinner party on Saturday that I’m still trying to convince Adam to go to with me. On Sunday we’ll have AT&T U-Verse installed. Nice, the way it worked out to have our installation on the Packer’s off-week…

There are a few other things coming up: IMA breakfast meeting, Capitol Steps at the PAC, Halloween. Before you know it Thanksgiving will be here and then we’ll be fighting with the cats to keep ornaments on the Christmas tree. I’ve got some vacation days coming up and I’ve still got two out there to schedule. With month-end, year-end, and the crappy SAP schedule that has people out of the office a lot, it’s going to be difficult. Compared to last year, it’s strange having all these days and nothing to do with them. Perhaps we’ll have to try and plan a more extended vacation next year to use the days up. So far this year I’ve used 7 vacation days, 3 sick days, and worked 184 days. Kind of depressing when you look at it that way.

Onward and upward.

No comments: