Monday, July 21, 2008

The Duck Saga Continues

Didn’t do much this weekend. No major home renovations, no exciting trips. Saturday was normal shopping and Atonement. Adam rearranged the living room again. Sunday Adam went golfing and I watched The Other Boleyn Girl. I made a Bacon Potato Puff and a Spinach Beef Macaroni Bake and Skillet Cornbread. That’s really about it.

We are monitoring mama duck and her growing nest of eggs.



Last count has us at 7, although she was there again this morning and at lunch so who knows how many more there might be. I can always tell when she’s come back because all the cats jump up in the window and stare at the nest. There are so many fascinating things out in the backyard that sometimes I’m afraid the cats are going to go into sensory overload and keel over. We’ve got all kinds of birds, squirrels running up and down trees, chipmunks on the deck, mama duck, a family of rabbits, and numerous insects. And these are just the critters I know about. Sometimes JC will freak out and I don’t see anything out there, but apparently he does. Or he’s crazy. That’s possible as well.

No comments: