Monday, October 08, 2007

A Weekend in a Fog

It was a strange weekend all around. The weather was definitely strange: Humid, hot, in the 80s all weekend. And I did yard work. That’s pretty strange too.

Saturday morning we did some shopping, mostly for pet stuff and our weekly grocery run. I spent a good deal of the afternoon napping, trying to trick my cold into getting better rather than worse. As usually happens when I’m feeling crappy, Adam got into a “must clean the house right now” mood and vacuumed and mopped the whole place. Well, excluding our bedroom, which he was kind enough to leave for later. There was football, a movie rented, pork grilled. I don’t know. It gets kind of fuzzy in my DayQuil enhanced state.

Sunday morning Adam went up to Menards to get some yard care equipment. And then, on the hottest October day ever, we proceeded to stand outside at high noon in the sun and humidity and trim back some bushes and trees that annoy him when he cuts the lawn. I’d take pictures, but even I can’t tell that we did anything so what’s the point? I managed to have a tree branch fall on my face but escaped with just a (relatively) small gash under my eye. My glasses were actually thrown off, but luckily they didn’t break and Adam didn’t step on them. Whew. Although I’m about six months overdue on a new pair so perhaps that would have gotten me off my butt to make the appointment. Ergh. We dropped the brush off in Greenville (shh… don’t tell anyone!) and went back home for lunch. We were both pretty beat after the physical activities of the morning so we ended up taking a nap for a few hours before the evening Packer game. I made a few snacks for dinner (see the cooking blog for more on that) and I managed to make it to about 10pm before I retreated to the bedroom. I think I dozed off for a bit (I missed Chicago’s last touchdown) but I was awake enough to know the Packers lost. Oh well. And it started off so well.

No comments: