Thursday, October 04, 2007

Can't Blog, Am Tired

Now that I've caught up on some of the pictures I've taken and things I've cooked I can move on to more important things. Like what? I'm not sure, but there has to be more to my life than an IKEA catalog and Rachael Ray recipes.

My new month-end responsibilies have me slammed for about a week at the end/beginning of each month. Tomorrow will be the first day I might be able to actually see the surface of my desk. The shipping clerk who brings me paperwork each day has just shaken her head and laughed at me every day since last Friday. It's an organized chaos. Really. I just need a bigger desk. The fact that this is also quarter-end and the knowledge that I have a visit from the PWC guys (them be auditors people) at the end of this month hanging over my head doesn't help any. Oh well. Keeps me busy and time flies by.

Outside of work I haven't really done much in the last week and a half. IMA had our first ever lunch meeting and while I suppose it wasn't a roaring success (we had 13 people attend) I had fun since two of the ladies I used to work with when I interned at Presto came. We got to chat a little and catch up during the meal. Apparently I'm quite the legend over there. They tell me that people still talk about me and I was "the best intern ever." Wow... I feel bad for everyone who got the position after me. I guess I'm a hard act to follow. But it never feels bad to have unsolicited praise heaped on you.

Last Friday was quite possible The Worst Day Ever in quite a while. It was the last business day of the month so that meant it was Inventory Day. One of my newly acquired responsibilities is to coordinate and oversee the entire physical count each month. I also get to stop and get the donuts. I left the house at 6:30 so I could stop at Festival (way out of my way, but it's what the people like) and get to work a little early to do some last minute clean-up before the 7:45 blast off time. I got to work at 7:45. Something about a semi overturned on the highway. I saw no semi, but I was stuck on 41 for 45 minutes. By the time I finally got to work I was so frustrated that I was glad I could just walk around the plant by myself for an hour and a half to blow off some steam. Luckily the rest of the day went better but since day one is always hyper busy after work I was totally ready to go to a bar and drink beer and play darts. And that's what we did.

This week has been more of the same. Handbells and I'm not quite sure where the rest of the days went. I'm getting a cold (from either Adam or all the hacking ladies at work) so I'm hoping it's a low key weekend so it goes away fast. With Adam being home every night I've been hard core on the menu planning so if I can keep up with the recipe posting the other blog might be more interesting soon.

That's about it.

No comments: