Saturday, December 16, 2006

The (Controversial) Christmas Letter

I read this article about Christmas letters over on MSNBC.com the other day. I found it interesting. I certainly hope my letters aren't full of bragging and I hope those who receive it aren't offended that I sent it so impersonally.

For my part, I look forward to getting Christmas cards and the potential update letters. We don't keep in touch much throughout the year, being so far away, each so busy with our own life. I enjoy reading a (usually very brief) synopsis of the past year. Some people are apparently uninterested in this. I hope if someone gets a letter from me and they hate it they just throw it out.

I also took a peek at the related message board. Some people are way to sensative about this kind of thing...

So far this year I've received 2 letters. And I happened to be mentioned in both of them. Score! :)

No comments: