Friday, August 05, 2005

Blah...

Hmm. What to write? In all honesty, my life has gotten pretty boring. I work all day and spend my evenings alone in my apartment watching stupid tv or reading back issues of Cosmo. I occasionally drink too much and fall asleep too early. It's like I'm back where I started but the only thing that's changed is that Adam got a second job. Funny how that one thing seems to have changed so much. It's not just that he's not around as much as he used to be, although that certainly is true. I feel like I just have a bad attitude about the whole thing. I can't seem to get over it.

Anyway. In some ways it's nice to have so much "alone time." Right now, for instance, I'm sitting in front of the computer topless with a pore cleansing mask on. It's very bright green and smells funky. I would never do that if Adam was here (although I'm sure he wouldn't mind the topless part.) It gives me time to do weird cleaning or just lay around doing nothing. Of course I get lonely and bored so it's a tricky thing.

It's been too hot here lately. My electric bill this last month was ridiculous. I've had to leave my bedroom and sleep on the futon directly in the path of the AC a few times. I cannot wait until we have an AC unit in the bedroom. *sigh* Last night was decent and today hasn't been too bad. I've just had the windows open all day. It's still pretty warm but less humid. The weather in Wisconsin generally sucks all the time though so this is to be expected. A few weeks ago it had been practically drought-like conditions it had been so long since it rained. Then all the sudden one night it rained for like six hours. The street flooded (again) and my car practically floated away. (Ok, slight exaggeration.) Ridiculous. Now it's just been freakin' humid as hell and miserable for all those trying to conserve energy. *sigh* again.

Nothing much else has been happening lately. Lots of nothing. We have an appointment to go sign the lease for the apartment in Neenah next week so we'll see how that goes. Other than that my calendar is pathetically bare.

I need some excitement in my life dammit!

Oh yeah. Adam has "a suprise" for me tonight. It's inflatable. I'm slightly wary of it and have no clue what it could be, but he says he's 90% sure I'll like it. We'll see... it apparently takes assembly so I have to banish myself to the bedroom when he gets here so he can set it up. Weird...

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: