Friday, April 01, 2005

Wow

It's been a little while. I guess I kind of forgot to post things.

So I went and had "Easter dinner" at Adam's house. They went to Taco Bell and brought back all kinds of things. His whole family was there: mom, dad, two sisters, and his sister's fiance. And then him and me. It was interesting to see the dynamics amongst the siblings and parents. They seem to be a relatively close-knit family full of humor. And Chris (the sister's fiance) fits right in. Most of the conversation was about his redneck family and how to deal with them at their impending nuptuals. It was kind of funny: They started their meal off with some prayer thing, crossing themselves and reciting something (they're big catholics), and I guess I looked kind of taken aback because Chris looked at me and mouthed "you'll get used to it." LoL. It was an interesting experience. I didn't talk very much mainly because not only was I observing things, but I really had nothing to add to a conversation about redneck relatives or installing a toilet. (Don't ask.) It was still fun.

Last night Adam told me that his mom likes me. He told me this while we were laying in bed, which is slightly concerning, but I guess it's a good thing that she approves. He told me she's a good judge of character. And always lets him know if she doesn't like someone he brings home. So I guess I'm ok :) Woo! Not that it's his MOTHER who I want liking me, but it can't hurt.

He sent me some fake internet quiz thing like you'd get in a chain e-mail message yesterday at work. I was suspicious, but I did it anyway and had a laugh. One of the blanks asked you to name someone you were attracted to. He called me later on and asked me who I put in that blank. *sigh* Does this guy need to be hit with a 2x4 to get the point? I mean, come on now. I think he was just being coy (or whatever the equivalent manlier term is for that) but he said he was just curious...with no ulterior motives. Yeah, right. My ass. I did answer him in a later e-mail, but apparently he skimmed right over it because he asked me again last night. I told him that I'd already answered him. He just asked if it was an obvious answer. I told him I sure hoped so, considering where he was and what he was doing... Heh... I'm so cute.

I picked up my new glasses yesterday too. They're much stronger than my old ones. Smaller and lighter too. I'll work on getting a decent picture posted. Had a huge headache yesterday afternoon and things still look kind of weird today but I'll adjust. Next on the "improving my life" list is a new cell phone.

Oh yeah - and getting Adam to be my boyfriend...officially...

No comments: