Saturday, April 24, 2010

Jewelry Organization

A few weeks back I decided that I needed a new jewelry box. I had two - one for just earrings and another for necklaces, rings, everything else. My main problem was the box for necklaces opened on both sides, but I could only really use one because the other side opened into the wall. So I was left with three hooks for all my chains, which was annoying me.

I wasn't finding anything in the stores and Adam caught wind of my search. He went online, found some plans for a wood rack, consulted with his Dad, and a week later this is what he brought me:



The bottom has brass hooks for me to hang all my necklaces on:



The rest of the shelf is evenly spaced notches that are perfect to slip earrings into:





It's worked wonderfully and the cats don't seem to have gotten into it yet. The two issues have been that small studs get lost in the notches and hoops don't work with the notch system either so I've had to keep them in a separate container. Overall, though, a wonderful solution!

No comments: