Tuesday, April 13, 2010

5ive

2005 was a big year for me. I (officially) graduated from college. I started my “real” job. I bought a new car. And then, five years ago today I posted a blog entry that inspired a phone call that resulted in a decision. We sure dragged our feet on this one, but April 13, 2005 was the day Adam and I decided that we were, indeed, dating. Each other, that is.



We sure got down to business after that though. By September we had taken a week long road trip to New York without killing each other and moved in together shortly thereafter. As in the night we got back. That totally sucked. But let’s not relive the bad times, eh?





Anyway, Adam has introduced a lot of things into my life. Camping (though we’ve never had much luck.) Mexican Food. Chopsticks (which I like to think I might have started to get the hang of after our last visit to Katsu Ya.)



We’re very different people. Adam’s impulsive. I like to sit on things for awhile before I act. (Or, in other words, I procrastinate. A lot.) Adam likes to watch men in spandex throw each other around. I like to watch E! Adam thinks crab legs are the cat’s pajamas (good lord, SATC flashback!) I prefer eating a pound of potatoes. With lots of black pepper.



Not that it was even a competition, considering the previous record for a relationship in my life was three whole months, but I’d have to say that all in all this record-breaking relationship has been a good five years. It’s amazing how time just flies by.



(We still miss you terribly, Fr Mike!)

No comments: