Sunday, April 26, 2009

Slacker-age

I was going to post something on Thursday but then I got home and we went out to dinner and I completely forgot. Bad Martha.

Anyway, the week was a good one. I had IMA on Tuesday. It was a tour this month at the post office. I would have loved to go on it, but I didn't think it would be possible to go on the tour (that would inevitably run late) and still get everything organized over at the Hilton for dinner. I was right. The tour went to 6:15. Dinner was at 6:30. I got completely swamped but luckily I had prepared as much as I could for that. The dinner was great - a buffet, something different than our usual. I got a lot of good feedback about that. Too bad the venue nickels and dimes you to death with set-up fees and A/V charges. *sigh* That's definitely something we'll have to be talking about at our summer board meetings. We might have to hike up our dinner prices if people prefer a nicer meal/venue. One more meeting for the season left.

Wednesday was pretty non-descript. Thursday I was going to make a chicken-tomato pasta but Adam really wasn't into that. So we went to Bao Ju instead. Wonderful crab rangoon. Great food, atmosphere. Our server definitely wasn't Asian, but we weren't sure where he was from. I guessed somewhere in South/Central America while Adam though he had more of a Ukrainian/Eastern European accent. Anyway, a good meal and I'd definitely recommend it.

Friday was a good day. I was charged with the task of completing the tax books for all five plants this year. I was pretty much done with four of them and had just requested some information from the plant for the fifth. I then learned that they had already completed all but 7 schedules. Yipee! Unfortunately I'm still left with the tax inventory adjustment (argh, I hate that one so much!) but it's better than having to do them all. This makes this coming week much easier to handle. I was concerned I'd end up running out of time trying to finish all the tax stuff while prepping for another month-end. Whew.

This weekend was a wet one. It's rained a lot, but that's a good thing. We needed it. The grass is finally getting a nice green color. And the birds were out en force, driving the cats totally nuts. Even Carly got in hunting mode for a few minutes yesterday. Maybe the primal force of nature will draw the cats together. Ha. Not holding my breath.

We did a bunch of shopping both yesterday and today. We stopped at the new Panera Bread for lunch. I had a soup/sandwich combo. The soup was a little salty (which is pretty much the norm) and the bread for the sandwich was so dense it kind of sank like a rock in my stomach. Overall it was good, but I don't know that I'll be a regular customer. I don't really like bread in the first place, and Erbert and Gerbert's is still my number one sandwich place.

This afternoon Adam mopped the floor while I watched The Reader. I really liked this movie. It might be up there in my top picks from this year. I think The Visitor is still my favorite so far, but this one is close. So I'm up to 17 watched on my list. I know Adam's itching to see The Wrestler so I'll probably try and swap it out tomorrow on my way home from bells.

Nothing much on the docket for this week. Inventory on Thursday to start another month-end. This one should be interesting. All the key users will be out in training so I'm pretty much on my own. I'm also responsible for financials this month for the North plant. I haven't really been involved in financials since I got moved to North from Corporate back in May of 2006 so it should be a different experience.

No comments: