Friday, April 10, 2009

Another Two Week Long Void

Good grief. Sometimes I get so far behind I wonder if it’s even worth backtracking to catch up. But here’s the Cliff Notes version of the past two weeks…

Saturday the 28th we went down to Sheboygan for their Sipping on the Shores wine and beer tasting. I’d never been to Blue Harbor OR a beer/wine tasting so I really didn’t know what to expect. I knew it was going to be crowded. My dad and Cheryl went last year and had warned us. It was crowded. And hot. And mostly beer. But we braved the insanity and stopped at the vendors we wanted to try. We discovered a new cranberry wine and a nice Riesling. We had some wonderful spinach dip from one of the local restaurants. We bought a few bottles on the way out and then we escaped. We lasted just over an hour. We’re not meant for crowds. I was surprised that it was Adam who instigated our bailing. It’s usually me who cracks first. But this left us with some time to kill before dinner. We drove to one of the local breweries (well, if you consider Cedarburg local) and Adam picked up a case of blonde root beer that they hadn’t been selling on site. We stopped at the Victorian Chocolate Shoppe and got some truffles (yum!) We then bummed around the bar inside Brisco County until everyone else showed up. They were running late (of course) but once everyone arrived it was a nice time. Unfortunately the weather turned ugly and we bailed on the second part of the evening in an effort to avoid the worst part of the snowstorm. It was pretty crappy around Fond du Lac but we made it home in one piece. Fed the hungry cats and went to bed.

Sunday Adam made another great dinner. The rest of that week is pretty much a blur. Yay for inventory.

Last weekend Adam took down the ugly/dying trees in the backyard. His dad came over on Saturday and they rented the stump grinder again. Then they put together the shed we bought to get some of the stuff out of the garage. I spent the weekend shopping, cleaning, and sleeping. I started to get a cold on Friday. Monday was miserable. I stayed home on Tuesday. I feel much better now.

I got a haircut yesterday. Adam planted three trees by the shed. Not sure what the weekend holds yet.

Movie-wise, I watched Milk on Sunday while Adam was with Anton and David watching Wrestlemania. Interesting movie, but I wonder why it took so long to get made? It’s certainly relevant. Zack and Miri was in there somewhere. Your typical fluff, but I still liked it. I watched A Beautiful Mind again when Adam was out on Saturday night. I always forget how good that movie is until I watch it again. We watched Role Models last night. Another somewhat silly movie, but fun.

This weekend is Easter. The bells play on Sunday but that’s really about all we’ve got going on. Adam’s family isn’t doing anything. My family isn’t doing anything. And we aren’t doing anything. I’ve eaten enough chocolate already though. I love chocolate bunnies. Mmm.

We just got the invite for Catherine and Tony's wedding so we're looking forward to that. Things are falling into place for our August trip so that's good as well. We finalized the date of our summer cookout so if you're in the area on June 20th, stop by for a burger. Official invites will be emailed or posted soon.

That's about all for now. I need to go blow my nose again. It's ridiculous how much snot can be up there. The human body is baffling.

No comments: