Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oscars!!!

Today the Oscar nominations are out for the 2008 ceremony (if there ends up being one.) In any case, I figured I could get a head start this year and I might be able to actually finish the list. Once again I’ve excluded a few categories: foreign, short, and documentary. Here’s the list for everything else:

3:10 to Yuma
Across the Universe
American Gangster
Assassination of Jesse James, The
Atonement
August Rush
Away From Her
Bourne Ultimatum, The
Charlie Wilson's War
Diving Bell and the Butterfly, The
Eastern Promises
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Enchanted
Golden Compass, The
Gone Baby Gone
I'm Not There
In the Valley of Elah
Into the Wild
Juno
Kite Runner, The
La Vie en Rose
Lars and the Real Girl
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men
Norbit
Once
Persepolis
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Ratatouille
Savages, The
Surf's Up
Sweeney Tood
There Will Be Blood
Transformers

Not too bad. A total of 34, 5 of which I’ve already seen (in red). There seems to be a nice variety too - some westerns, action, drama, and a musical or two. Granted there are a few I’ve never heard of, but I’ll do my best with the help of Blockbuster Total Access to get through the list this year.

No comments: