Friday, August 11, 2006

What's the World Coming to?

This shocked me. I'm not sure if I ever knew him personally (his obit says he was a member over at 1st Pres), but I know his son, Matt. It's just terrible when things like this happen to people you know. Ok, yes, it's equally as horrible when they happen to complete strangers. It just seems so much more real when it's someone you know.

The same thing happened a few years back when the sister of one of my friends from elementary school suffocated her newborn baby girl after she gave birth at work. I was shocked. Granted, I hadn't had any contact with either of them in years, but it just seemed unbelievable that someone could do that. Especially someone I know. My friends are friends with her boyfriend and the whole situation was just unreal. The drama continues still today with her attempts to get a new trial.

I just wonder what prompts this kind of madness?

No comments: