Saturday, May 27, 2006

General Update

It's been a little while since I wrote anything here. It's not really that I've been busy. I don't know. Things are kind of hectic around work. My office is getting boxed in more each day. We're set to move to the other location on June 7th. It should be interesting. Hopefully I'll have New London closed before then. It shouldn't be a problem. What will be the problem is finding everything once it gets over to the other office. *sigh* Why is packing so much more enjoyable than unpacking is?

On an unrelated topic, we've reserved a campsite down at Mirror Lake for the weekend of June 9th. It's down by Baraboo. I've never been to it so it should be interesting. It's the first of four planned camping weekends we've got for the summer. We're going to be trying out some new parks since Penninsula is booked up all summer.

Things seem to be all set for Monday. We'll be going shopping for our stuff today. I get to clean the house and make it all pretty tomorrow. Catherine will be staying with us until Thursday so hopefully the apartment won't be too scary.

The hamsters are doing fine. Pigster is acting kind of weird and has some "poo sticking to his butt" issues, but I think he's alright. Adam gave him a dose of the wet-tail stuff just in case. Barry broke two wheels already but his new one seems to be resilient enough. It's not that he's fat or anything. He just gives it all he's got while running. And he runs pretty much all night. He wore the poor wheels out. Duey is still kind of pudgy. He keeps tipping his wheel over. I tell him it's not going to do him much good laying on its side, but he keeps doing it. Howie just hangs out by himself. He's so easy-going.

We've been watching a lot of movies lately. The reviews are all up on my RT journal. I've also added a few new dishes to the cooking journal. I plan to make a crispy chicken parmesan this afternoon so that should be up sometime today.

No comments: