Monday, May 25, 2009

More Movies

Whew, lots of movies lately.

I watched Happy-Go-Lucky in sections while Adam was busy doing other things. I'm not sure what the point really was. It was kind of a strange movie. Very unbalanced. The opening sequence did remind me of the end of Amelie though. I was just kind of annoyed by the perpetual happiness and then confused by the anger in the second half. Anywho, one more Oscar movie down.

We also saw two movies at the Drive-In on Saturday. We finally made it there! We saw Monsters Vs Aliens and Taken. The first was cute, but could definitely have used more BOB. Funniest character in the movie. The second was, uhm, violent. Big fight/action sequences don't really translate so well to a ginormous outdoor screen so it can make you a little nauseous. Overall, not a horrible movie, but nowhere near as scary as I expected. Which is good. Because I'm a wuss.

Yesterday while Adam was out playing with his new RC truck I watched Bride Wars. Tis the season and all... I was ok with the whole premise and various plot points until the very last second. That pretty much ruined it for me. I said, "That's so dumb" and turned it off. And played Jeopardy! And got my butt kicked by a computer player named Angie. But really, a whole category about boxing and another about poetry? I had no chance.

No comments: