Friday, May 18, 2007

Random Rambling

Apology for lack of posts, but there’s really not been much going on.

Last week was pretty boring. We did go to the drive-in on Saturday night. They opened for the season on April 27. We saw Meet the Robinsons and Wild Hogs. I had never even heard of the first one. It was animated, geared towards kids. It was ok, but predictable and sappy. Wild Hogs I had heard about. Mostly bad stuff though. It isn’t a bad movie, it just didn’t reach its potential. With the cast is has (John Travolta, William H. Macy, Martin Lawrence, and Tim Allen) it could have been much better. Anyway, we got to see two movies for $6, had some good food and got out of the house for a bit.

Adam had to work early Sunday morning so that had the potential for suckage. Luckily he can survive on minimal sleep. After he left I read the paper and then fell back into bed for a few hours before cleaning and doing some packing in the kitchen.

Speaking of packing, I haven’t really done a lot of that yet and perhaps I should start. I’ve got all our DVDs, CDs, and tapes (yes, as in cassette) boxed up. All my books and photo albums have been in boxes for weeks. I’ve still got to figure out what I’m going to do with our videos (keep or trash.) I packed up my cookbooks and some random kitchen stuff. I also packed most of our glasses and dishware, bedding and towels we seldom use. That leaves a lot of crap still. Luckily we still have two weeks until we close. And then we have approximately two weeks of work to do before we really move in. So I have a month to procrastinate packing the rest of the stuff. Heh.

We plan to go to Lowe’s during Memorial Day weekend sale time and make our one major purchasing trip including appliances, flooring, and a new front door. I fear the number that will show up on the register when the cashier hits “total” but we’ve done our research and estimated the damage so hopefully we come pretty close. Aside from potentially endless smaller purchases (shower curtains, dirt, etc.) that should be the major chunk of change we drop for the house. It will all be worth it in the end and we’ll have fun showing it off at the end of June and then again in August.

This week was the last bell practice and the last IMA meeting of the season. It’s been a good year for both groups and I will continue on in my current position with both of them. There are summer planning meetings for IMA in June and July and the bells are meeting on Monday to go to a Westminster Bell Choir Concert together. This Sunday is the meeting of the parental units (minus one) to go through guest lists, invitations, programs, and wedding day logistics. I’m trying out a new zucchini/turkey recipe so hopefully it turns out ok or we’ll be ordering pizza or something.

After that I get to print the invitations, get a jillion paper cuts while stuffing them, dehydrate myself while licking them, glue my fingers together while peeling and sticking a jillion stamps and address labels on, and piss off the post office when I go to mail them. Woo! I’m pumped (no, really. I’m looking forward to doing this.) Speaking of stamps, with the stupid 2-cent increase, they have no cute wedding theme stamps. I’m stuck with the Liberty Bell, Star Wars, or Jamestown: the first settlement. The clerk at the post office suggested I go with the Liberty Bell stamp since it says “Forever” on it and my marriage is “for forever.” Psssht. I’ll have to think about whether I want to be so hokey. None of the other (perhaps more appropriate) stamps come out until after the invites need to be mailed. So I’m stuck. Grr.

Anywho, enough rambling about pretty much nothing.

No comments: